Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program Hosts Free Divorce Legal Clinic For Low-Income
DALLAS, TEXAS—The Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program (DVAP), a joint initiative of the Dallas Bar Association and Legal Aid of NorthWest Texas, will hold a free Divorce Legal Clinic for Dallas County residents who meet certain financial guidelines, on Monday, April 30, from 5:00 to 9:00 p.m. at the Belo Mansion(2101 Ross Avenue, Dallas, TX 75201).
Volunteer attorneys will provide free divorce legal assistance for low-income Dallas County residents to assist with their simple uncontested divorces. To qualify for assistance, residents must apply for help and meet certain financial guidelines, including:
- Must be a Dallas County resident and
- Must be a legal resident or citizen of the USA and
- Must have an agreement on property division and a minimal amount of property and
- Spouse must not contest anything about the divorce and
- Must be no family violence within the prior two months and
- Must be able to attend three daytime classes.
If residents need assistance before or after the Divorce Clinic, they can attend one of the Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program’s other legal clinics held in the Dallas area eight times each month. For a full listing of the clinic, log on to www.dallasbar.org/dvap.
The Dallas Bar Association is a professional, voluntary organization of approximately 10,000 Dallas-area attorneys. For more information, go to www.dallasbar.org.