Mark your calendars: This year’s Sports Law Bootcamp is taking place Friday, October 7th at City Tavern in Dallas (http://www.citytaverndowntown.com/ -- located at 1402 Main Street). We will have mingling and light appetizers from 12:00pm-1:00pm, then three great panels from 1:00pm-4:00pm. For only $30, you’ll get 3 hours of CLE, appetizers, and an excuse to get out from behind your desk on a Friday afternoon. City Tavern will also have a cash bar open for the event.
Panel 1:“The Book of Sanctions: Enforcement of NCAA Bylaws”
- Paul Rogers – Former Dean and current Professor at the SMU Dedman School of Law;
- Thaddeus Matula – Director of ESPN 30 for 30’s “Pony Excess”; and
- Brent Turman – Vincent Serafino Geary Waddell Jenevein, PC.
Panel 2: "The Law Behind the Star” (focusing on the new Dallas Cowboys facility in Frisco, Texas)
- Eric Sudol – Vice President of Corporate Partnership Sales and Services for the Dallas Cowboys;
- Jim Gandy – President of the Frisco Economic Development Corporation; and
- Phil McNicholas – Kessler Collins, PC.
Panel 3: “Show Me the Money: Present and Future of the NCAA Student-Athlete’s Compensation”
- Keri Mendoza – Assistant Commissioner of Compliance for the Big 12 Conference;
- Christian Dennie – Barlow Garsek & Simon, LLP; and
- Tony Barbieri – Kessler Collins, PC.