September 15-16, 2015
5:00-8:00 p.m. each evening
Click here to register.
Email Briesha Taylor at email@example.com or Chris Reed-Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program and DBA Family Law Section are presenting the Annual Nuts & Bolts CLE. This two night CLE will teach interested attorneys to represent clients in various family law matters. Whether you are new to family law or just want a refresher, this training is not to be missed! The comprehensive educational sessions will adequately prepare you to handle a family law case with the help of an assigned DVAP mentor. Dallas Family Law Judges and some of Dallas’ most experienced family law attorneys will be speaking. Training materials and forms will be provided on a CD or thumb drive.
This yearly event features fundamental and essential topics:
- Family Law Legislative Update 2015
- Cultivation of attorney-client relationships
- Preparing and processing petitions and orders
- Service – including publication and unusual circumstances
- Avoiding grievances
- Conducting Temporary Orders
- Paternity, conservatorship and access
- Child support, medical support and working with the Attorney General
- A District Court Judge’s Panel is scheduled the second night, and the Panel of Associate Judges is scheduled the first night. You can expect candid comments and advice about practicing in the Family Courts.
FREE for attorneys who accept a family law pro bono case for DVAP clients, with the choice to accept one complex case or two simple cases. If you are unable to volunteer at this time, you may attend either night’s CLE for two hundred fifty ($250) dollars, or both nights for three hundred ($300) dollars.
MCLE 6.00, Ethics 2.00 total hours if you attend both nights)
For More Information:
Contact Chris Reed-Brown at (214) 243-2243.
Presented by Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program and DBA Family Law Section