September 14-15 2016
5:00-8:00 p.m. each evening
Click here to register.
Email Dominick Vallejo at firstname.lastname@example.org or Chris Reed-Brown at email@example.com.
The Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program and DBA Family Law Section are presenting the Annual Nuts & Bolts CLE. This two night CLE will teach interested attorneys to represent clients in various family law matters. Whether you are new to family law or just want a refresher, this training is not to be missed! The comprehensive educational sessions will adequately prepare you to handle a family law case with the help of an assigned DVAP mentor. Dallas Family Law Judges and some of Dallas’ most experienced family law attorneys will be speaking. Training materials and forms will be provided on a CD or thumb drive.
This yearly event features fundamental and essential topics:
- Cultivation of attorney-client relationships
- Preparing and processing petitions and orders
- Service – including publication and unusual circumstances
- Avoiding grievances
- Temporary Orders
- Paternity, conservatorship, and access
- Child support, medical support, and working with Attorney General
- Property Issues-House and /or retirement division (QDRO’s)
- A Dallas County Judicial Panel is one of the features of this training. You can expect candid comments and advice about practicing in the Family Courts.
FREE for attorneys who accept a family law pro bono case for DVAP clients, with the choice to accept one complex case or two simple cases. If you are unable to volunteer at this time, you may attend either night’s CLE for two hundred fifty ($250) dollars, or both nights for three hundred ($300) dollars.
MCLE 6.00, Ethics 2.00 (total hours if you attend both nights)
For More Information:
Contact Chris Reed-Brown at (214) 243-2243.
Presented by Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program and DBA Family Law Section