Summer Law Intern Program
If you are interested in hosting an intern or participating as an intern in 2017, please contact email@example.com or 214-220-7450.
2017 Summer Law Intern Program
♦A Summer Internship Program only for Dallas ISD Juniors ♦
Cowles & Thompson
Espinar Law, PLLC
GUERRERO LAW OFFICES
Haynes and Boone, LLP
Law Office of Lauren C. Medel, PLLC
Law Office of Alisa Richman
Patterson + Sheridan LLP
Saputo Law Firm, PLLC
Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
As of February 24, 2017
The Summer Law Intern Program (SLIP), a joint initiative of the Dallas Bar Association and the Dallas Independent School District, places high school students with law firms and corporate legal departments throughout the Dallas-area for up to eight weeks during the months of June-August.
Make an investment in Dallas County and hire a DBA Summer Intern! Hiring a student intern provides the training and mentoring needed to close the workforce skills gap and bridge the opportunity divide.
Why Participate in the Summer Law Intern Program ?
- Create a valuable learning experience for Dallas ISD Students
- Gain summer help in your department
- Increase the number of entry level professional career opportunities
- Provide career exposure to future employees
Teachers are asked to encourage junior students who are academically qualified to apply for a Summer Law Internship. Interns are placed in law firms, government agencies and corporate legal departments for 4-8 weeks in the summer and are compensated for their internships. The Dallas Bar holds a program on office etiquette, as well as educational events which may include a tour of UNT and SMU Law Schools. Click here for the application. Click here for more information.
Why Students should participate in the Summer Law Intern Program?
- Creates work-related learning experience and skill development for Dallas ISD students
- Provides a better understanding of a professional workplace
- Encourages personal developmental growth and increased academic achievement
- Students acquire career awareness in order to set academic and career-related goals
- Encourages relationship building and networking
Dallas ISD students (current juniors only) will want to pick-up an application from their High School Counselor's office in Jan-March and complete near the deadline (usually just after Spring Break).