Summer Law Intern Program
The 2016 Program has ended. If you are interested in hosting an intern or participating as an intern in 2017, please contact email@example.com or 214-220-7450.
2016 Summer Law Intern Program
♦A Summer Internship Program only for Dallas ISD Juniors ♦
Adam L. Seidel, P.C.
Cobb Martinez Woodward PLLC (2)
Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
GUERRERO LAW OFFICES
Haynes and Boone, LLP
JOHNSTON TOBEY BARUCH, P.C.
Kastl Law, P.C.
Law Office of Alisa Richman
Law Office of Jasmit Dhaliwal-Perez
Locke Lord LLP
Munsch Hardt Kopf & Harr, P.C.
Palter Stokley Sims PLLC
Patterson & Sheridan, LLP
Saputo Law Firm, PLLC
Sargent Law, P.C.
Strasburger & Price, LLP
Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
The Summer Law Intern Program (SLIP), a joint initiative of the Dallas Bar Association and the Dallas Independent School District, places high school students with law firms and corporate legal departments throughout the Dallas-area for up to eight weeks during the months of June-August.
Make an investment in Dallas County and hire a DBA Summer Intern! Hiring a student intern provides the training and mentoring needed to close the workforce skills gap and bridge the opportunity divide.
Why Participate in the Summer Law Intern Program ?
- Create a valuable learning experience for Dallas ISD Students
- Gain summer help in your department
- Increase the number of entry level professional career opportunities
- Provide career exposure to future employees
Commit your firm or legal department to at least one summer intern for 2017! For more information, contact Kathryn Zack.
Teachers are asked to encourage junior students who are academically qualified to apply for a Summer Law Internship. Interns are placed in law firms, government agencies and corporate legal departments for 4-8 weeks in the summer and are compensated for their internships. The Dallas Bar holds a program on office etiquette, as well as educational events which may include a tour of UNT and SMU Law Schools. Click here for more information.
Why Students should participate in the Summer Law Intern Program?
- Creates work-related learning experience and skill development for Dallas ISD students
- Provides a better understanding of a professional workplace
- Encourages personal developmental growth and increased academic achievement
- Students acquire career awareness in order to set academic and career-related goals
- Encourages relationship building and networking
Deadline to apply is Friday, March 10, 2017. Application available soon. For more information, contact Kathryn Zack.
Dallas ISD students (current juniors only) will want to pick-up an application from their High School Counselor's office in Jan-March and complete near the deadline (usually just after Spring Break).