Looking to restart, expand, or develop your career skills? Then check out these DBA Career Resource programs.
The Dallas Bar Association now offers our online Career Center open to attorneys who are new to the profession or looking to make a career transition, as well as job opportunities for other positions (paralegal, law firm administrator, legal secretary) available in the Dallas area legal community. Click here to get started.
DBA WE LEAD
DBA WE LEAD: Women Empowered to Lead in the Legal Profession is a leadership program designed to address the challenges of high-performing women who have practiced law for 8 to 15 years. The purpose of DBA WE LEAD is to address the unique challenges facing women in the legal profession; to empower, educate and uplift women lawyers to take an already successful law practice to new heights; and to prepare lawyers for active professional leadership within their law firm, the business community and the community at large. For more information, contact Judi Smalling.
DBA RELAUNCH! is a program offering education and training for women lawyers interested in relaunching their career. This program will facilitate career exploration and provide the nuts and bolts for applying to jobs in a traditional or non-traditional legal setting. For more information, contact Kathryn Zack.
Transition to Law Practice Program
Newly licensed lawyers are matched with more experienced lawyers who volunteer to participate in the program, and the pairs attend CLE programs, meet in small groups and one-on-one.
Why should new lawyers participate as Mentees in the DBA Transition Program?
- New lawyers will be matched with experienced mentors and participate in small group activities
- There is no charge and lawyers need not be Dallas Bar Association members to participate
Why should experienced lawyers participate as Mentors in the DBA Transition Program?
- Provide much needed support and feedback to Dallas' newest members of the bar.
- Impart your knowledge about the "real world" practice of law and how to avoid common pitfalls for newly licensed attorneys.
- Coach new attorneys in law practice management, effective client representation, career development, & other aspects of a successful law practice.
- For more information, contact Kathryn Zack.