2020 Program Begins February 18
What is the DBA Transition Program?
- Newly licensed lawyers are matched with more experienced lawyers who volunteer to participate in the program, and the pairs attend CLE programs, meet in small groups and one-on-one.
Why should new lawyers participate as Mentees in the DBA Transition Program?
- New lawyers will be matched with experienced mentors and participate in small group activities
- There is no charge and lawyers need not be Dallas Bar Association members to participate
Why should experienced lawyers participate as Mentors in the DBA Transition Program?
- Provide much needed support and feedback to Dallas' newest members of the bar.
- Impart your knowledge about the "real world" practice of law and how to avoid common pitfalls for newly licensed attorneys.
- Coach new attorneys in law practice management, effective client representation, career development, & other aspects of a successful law practice.